Teachers at St.Ignatius College are holding a school tour for students.
During the tour the students can observe how different features in building design, adoption of renewable sources together with intelligent approaches from students and staff can contribute to our sustainability. The school tour last 1hour 30minutes and includes:
- As we move up the stairs we will discuss how the stairway can help to circulate air through convectional currents.
- Visit the corridor at Level 2 Block B to observe the light tubes and discuss how these work.
- Visit the school's roof in order to discuss how photovoltaic cells work.
- On the roof we will also discuss the different features making up a solar water heater.
- Discuss how roof insulation prevents heat transfer.
- Discuss how second class and third class water is stored and used at school.
- On the roof, we will also consider the importance of building orientation.
- We will visit one classroom and discuss various features that make our school energy efficient.
- Discuss the importance of waist separation, car pooling, walk to school and other approaches through which we can move forward towards a more sustainable living.
-Visit the Physics lab to performthe final follow-up activities so to sum up the visit. Crossword and online quiz.
The students finally visit the Design and Technology workshop to observe how the Learning Zone students are developing the wind turbine project.